Battle Lake, Minnesota 56515
- Phone 1:
The Prospect House, a Georgian-style "mansion", is a treasure in its own right. "Cap" Colehour built the original house in 1882, based on architectural drawings from his home in Chicago. He added a hotel to the home four years later, which was open until 1924. "Cap's" daughter, Kathrina, and her husband, Ernest Wilkins, remodeled the property five years later, in 1929. The house's furnishings and décor have not been changed since that time.
Continually inhabited since 1882, the Prospect House features the Civil War Museum. Century old trees define the grounds where the Prospect House was originally built and remains today as a historical site in Battle Lake, Minnesota. The Prospect House is currently listed on the National Register for Historic Places.